Friday, July 20, 2012

Why I Hate Facebook


Here are just a few of the things I hate about Facebook:

1. Posts that you've killed off with the "Hide Story" function resurrect themselves from time to time. Listen, if I've killed it, I really don't give a hoot about someone's new comment.

2. Posts are not in chronological order of their original posting. This is related to (1) above.

3. Some posts by my FB friends don't show up till days after they originally post 'em. WTF kind of tech savvy is that? How much was that IPO worth again?

I could go on. But time for you to sound off. What do you hate about FB?

4 comments:

Dolly said...

Same things -- but Social Fixer (http://socialfixer.com/) takes care of a lot of it.

Roland said...

I hate the hoops you have to go through to change your profile picture without alerting everyone you know. Won't my "friends" see it soon enough? I still don't know if I'm doing it right.

Misha Gerrick said...

I just hate their general approach to handling the people using it.

So I stopped logging in to Facebook LOOOOOOONG before the changes came in.

Kathryn Lilley said...

I'd like to be able to add pictures without them appearing in my timeline. I'm sure there's a way to do that, but I find FB's configuration settings to be mysterious and irritating...

Mr. Putin's War

Think of what a great world this would be if Putin had decided to solidify democracy in Russia rather than to go all mini-Mussolini on us. I...