Sunday, March 18, 2018

"I, Tonya" ★★★★½

This movie is a scream, a hoot and a half. The only reason I'm not giving it five stars is because the subject matter is not high and mighty (Gandhi, Lawrence of Arabia) but the tawdry, trailer-trash life of Tonya Harding. Allison Janney transforms herself into the mom from hell while Margot Robbie has improbably dialed down her looks while convincingly conveying Harding's conflicted, rough-and-tumble self. (For the record, I always liked Harding's skating almost as much as her I'm-no-princess persona.) The screenplay is brilliant and the direction delivers belly laughs and gut punches one after another. Seriously, see this movie.

2 comments:

ed medication said...

I could not resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!

cheap erectile dysfunction pills online said...

Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thank you

Mr. Putin's War

Think of what a great world this would be if Putin had decided to solidify democracy in Russia rather than to go all mini-Mussolini on us. I...